Seeking placement into a long-term care facility is often a difficult decision. Many times a family wants to be prepared for future needs. Placement can be temporary as a resident builds up physical strength for independent living or at times seeking long term placement. We at the Sanilac Medical Care Facility will make every effort to make this process go as smoothly as possible.
The following procedure or information is required for placement at our facility:
This form must be completed by the resident or authorized person acting on behalf of the potential resident and submitted for review. You may download this form by clicking on the link above, pick one up in person from the Admission Clerk or call and ask for on to be mailed to you.
When a resident is admitted the following articles are required:
- A completed transfer form prepared by the transferring facility shall accompany the resident. The transfer form provides the facility current information and assist with a smooth transfer.
- Chest x-ray within the last 90 days
- Copies of insurance cards (Medicare, Medicaid, BC/BS, AARP, etc…)
- Copy of Social Security Card
- Copies of Power of Attorney or Guardianship papers
All resident’s personal items will be clearly labeled upon admission by SMCF Laundry Department or Staff. Clothing will be marked in an inconspicuous place. Unmarked items make it impossible to identify ownership and proper labeling will assure that your family member’s items remain safe with them. Personal television sets are allowed and are properly set up by our Maintenance Department.
(810) 648 – 3017